>>> Click here for the RMC FAQ'N RULES <<<

HOOK


August 2000 marked the beginning of the brand new feature, RANDOM PIZZA.

The Preshow Entertainment was doll commercials from the '60s and '70s. It was amazing how old these ads looks. Some of the '70s stuff looked more like '50s. There was a promo reel for a new doll that took us behind the scenes. The image of realistic doll heads on spikes on some sort of mass production carousel was haunting, not to mention severed arms and heads all moving the same way. CREEPY. This is not just one of my many neuroses, this was unanimous.


This month's Random Movie Selection was: HOOK.


I really don't know about this. I saw it in the theatres 9 years ago and was taken by it. I'm pretty sure I was one of the few. I saw it again three years ago and despised it (and its Lost Boys of Melrose scenes). This third time, I'm in the middle. It seemed hokey and sloppy, yet there are some wonderful moments.


I would like to give it an award for production design and another to the person who had to shave Robin Williams' body hair.


Tags: , , ,








Feed Burner Subscribe in a reader



Powered byFeedBlitz


About ...

RMC email address
Old RMC Men

RMC is not affiliated with Rochester Midland Corporation, makers of fine restroom disinfecting fluids and urinal mats since 1888.

Archives

Powered by Pizza, Red Vines,
& 6 Different Kinds of Soda

RMC MASCOT

RMC HERO

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Random Movie Club. Make your own badge here.


((( Contribute to our Popcorn Fund! )))




Best Viewed With Firefox 2



Add to Google
Add to My Yahoo!
Add to Technorati Favorites!


Blimp!
eXTReMe Tracker